This is the complete guide on how to login to Hotmail and hot to create an account. Before discussing on this, let us talk about Hotmail.
Hotmail is one of the biggest mail service provider since 1998. Since then, 300+ million users have join the Hotmail service. As Hotmail has many other service to offer like one drive, Skype (yes they bought it on 2011), Messenger, etc, you don’t need to create a separate account for all. You can use your single Hotmail account on all.
Now, moving on to Hotmail Account,
Login to Hotmail
We’ll be discussing on in very detail manner. Therefore, if you know the beginning part skip to number 3.
- First of, go to hotmail.com. Or you can go to your country’s own TLD Hotmail site. Like, www.hotmail.co.uk, Hotmail.in etc.
- Here, in the login page, you’ll notice nothing but a box with couple of empty fields and some blue colored links.
- Now here, in those empty boxes, enter your email address in the first one and password in the second one.
- As you enter both correctly, click on “Sign in”.
- It should be done. You should be redirected to your personal Hotmail space. Or else, if you are not redirected or says something is wrong, make sure you enter the email address correctly and slowly type in the password (as you can’t see the password being typed).
- It should be done now.
- Even now you are not being able to login, I think you are entering the wrong password.
- So, do check it again.
Hotmail sign up
For the successful Hotmail login process, you need a Hotmail account. Without going through this step, you can’t login to your account.
- Go to the login page of Hotmail.
- Here, click on “Create one” link just below the “sign in” button.
- Now you’ll be redirected to the account creating page.
- Here, you need to provide all the information asked. Don’t fake it. Keep it real. All information are compulsory except two.
- First provide your name and last name.
- Now choose your username. Here you can select the username as well as the TLD according to your choice. You can choose @hotmail.com or @outlook.com. Remember, username should be unique and cannot be duplicated. Therefore, there’s a high probability that you won’t get the name as you desired. Adding numbers or underscore might help on this.
- Now, choose your password. Hotmail is quiet strict on this. You need to choose the password that is 8 characters long, must have one upper case, a symbol and numbers in it. This is because it makes your password super strong and no one can easily hack your account.
- Choose your country, your gender and date of birth too.
- Now provide your personal phone number. It is optional but highly recommended to provide it. It will help the Hotmail team to keep your account secure.
- Now provide the alternate email address. If you have other email address, provide one, it will also help to keep your account safe. The account don’t need to be of Hotmail only.
- Now fill up the captchas (they are case sensitive) and finally click on “create account”
These are the simple login and sign up steps. Hope this will help you. However, if you still have some questions that are not answered here, you can contact us or leave your query in the comments below.